Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"You Can Do ANYTHING For 30 Seconds!"

Yesterday we made it to Yankton for groceries. Hubby took his girls out to lunch at one of our favorite places there, Mexico Viejo. They make a fierce cheese quesadilla. G had brought her wallet and purse and insisted that she was going to pay. So when I went up to the register she took her two pennies and I had her put them in the "need a penny, take a penny, have a penny, leave a penny" jar. When we got back in the van I thanked Hubby for taking us out to lunch. G said, "And thanks to me too!" "Yeah, and thanks to G too!" I said. Then G said to Hubby, "Give me some knuckles Dad!" A fist bump followed.

Another COLD day today. There was beautiful snow falling this morning when I got up. I overslept and had to kick it into high gear to get us all out the door in time for our various activities. G's teacher called to tell me that the heater wasn't working in the daycare/preschool and we were having a late start. Obviously, in my rush to get ready, I had neglected to check the news for late starts. She managed to get the space heaters to warm up the place, and I was able to drop G off with E at daycare until preschool started. One of the benefits of having them at a place where the daycare and preschool are under the same roof. I'm so grateful for G's teacher, who is also G and E's daycare provider, we'll call her....R. It is so nice to have someone who I know will take good care of my girls, so I am able to go off to Bible study and to workout and not worry about how they're doing. Thank you, R! We love you!

Bible study was awesome...as usual. How much do I enjoy that group of women?!? Tons. They are so fun, but more than that they are women who strive to love Jesus with all they have. That's a group I want to associate myself with!

I had to cut out of Bible study early to make it to my workout date with my personal trainer...who I usually call Hubby. Hubby's trademark saying...when you are in the midst of complaining about how much your body hurts, you know you can't go on, you just can't do anymore, you really need to stop...is, "You can do ANYTHING for 30 seconds." We think it would make an awesome title for his first book. What do you think?

When I finally managed to escape his reign I ran over to the drug store to pick up antibiotics for E. We didn't want to give her antibiotics, but she's been sick since before Thanksgiving. I had her at the pediatrician last week and he wrote me out a prescription to fill if she wasn't better in the next week. Which she wasn't. Hopefully this will help her finally kick whatever she's got. I'm looking forward to forcing 1 tsp. down her throat twice a day for the next ten days. It's like our own wrestling match right here in our living room....after I catch her that is.

After picking up the girls we managed to make it home through the quickly accumulating snow. There was quite a puddle on the floor after we got off all of our boots, gloves and hats. Anyone who has ever seen our driveway can imagine what we looked like by the time we got to the door...all covered in that light, fluffy, and yet somehow very wet snow. I guess I shouldn't try to describe the snow...it's not my area of expertise. I've only lived in SD for 11 years. WOW! Has it really been that long already?

Every once in a great while the girls will nap simultaneously. Today was one of those days, but instead of being productive and getting lots of stuff done, I sat on the couch and did nothing...other than try to stay warm. Oh, and I did eat two sugar cookies and a "few" pieces of chocolate. So much for all the calories I burned during my workout going towards actual weight loss :) The girls didn't get up until 5pm...no, that's not a typo...they really did both sleep until 5pm. So it won't be an early night at our house tonight, but more quality weekday time with Dad than usual.

No comments: