Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Fun!

Well, another busy, but fun, weekend. Friday night was Hubby's work Christmas party at his boss' house. Lots of food, co-workers, and laughs. The girls stayed with our friends and their daughter, and had just as much fun as we did....probably more actually. They played in the ball pit, slid down the slide, rode around in their awesome red wagon, and just played together way past bedtime.

On the way home G was obviously worn out.

She started whining and crying, "Mommy, I don't want you to get old."

"G what are you talking about?"

"I don't want you to get old!"

"Why not?" Not that I want me to get old either!

"Because I love you, and if you get old you'll look different, and I want you to look the same!"

"Okay G, I won't get old." Yeah right!

So they whined and cried all they way back to our hometown. The fun was officially over. By the time we got them to bed it was 11pm.

The next morning I was off to Sioux Falls to finish up the last of my Christmas shopping with my mom and my grandma. The countdown to Christmas has begun, so I'm sure I don't need to tell you how crazy it was there. People and cars EVERYWHERE. It was still fun...and I got a lot done in a short amount of time without G and E in tow....with all of their coats, hats and mittens.

I knew a blizzard was headed our way, and I was hoping and praying that the weather would hold out until I got back home. Praise God it did and I made it home safely. When I got back our house, Hubby, G and E were all fine and waiting for me.

As anticipated, we woke up to a blizzard Sunday morning. There was no way we'd make it to Yankton for church this morning. Instead, Hubby made us a really good breakfast and we caught a church service on TV, and another one on the Interent. We're hoping to be able to "dig out" tomorrow and venture to the grocery store.

Today G and I made some cards while E was napping. Hubby and I were so proud of her because she wrote her name so well on the top of the card. Hopefully you'll be able to see it in the picture. That was without any help friends! I got two loads of laundry washed, folded AND put away. Hubby and G watched a new movie that G got from Grandma Genie for her birthday. We snacked on popcorn...E always brings her bowl over to beg for more...so cute. And now we're preparing for Hubby's TV selection...the Cowboys game. He's trying pretty hard to convince G that this is really what she wants to be watching :)

No comments: