Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's Freezing Cold!

Just thought we should talk about how ridiculously cold it is outside. Our outdoor thermometer reads 0.3 F. but with the wind chill it feels like -45 F. We made the poor choice to drive to Yankton this morning to church. There isn't THAT much snow on the ground....although there are some good drifts in places...but what we have is really blowing around with the wind gusts. But once again...I needed milk for E. We got home and I still couldn't get warm. I had to resort to wearing my grown-up footie pajamas that I got at Wal-Mart many years ago. It's working, but I look like a twelve year old. Hubby is making fun of me, but I don't care, he's still cold and I'm toastie (sp).

Hubby says, "You're wearing footie pajamas, and you're concerned about whether or not toastie is a word???"

Good point Hubby. But it really is THAT COLD! And no, I won't be posing a picture of myself in my footie pajamas. I've already said too much :)

P.S. G just asked me if she could go to the park with her dad to exercise....ummmmm, no G, you'd come back a popsicle.

2 comments:

Valorie said...

LOL! Ya, Andrew cried when we told him he couldn't play outside today. It never got above zero and our wind chills were bad too. Phil told him it was too cold and that his toes might turn black and fall off if he went outside. ;O)

Blessed Mama said...

Nice, Phil! And I thought the popsicle comment was bad :)