Friday, December 26, 2008

Hanging Out With The Family

I'm sitting at my sister-in-law, Marlene's, house in Sioux Falls just hanging out.  We're getting ready to watch The Dark Knight, but I thought I could update the blog while I'm watching it. Multi-tasking right ;)  The girls are getting some much needed sleep.  Oh, how they needed sleep, you know what I'm sayin'.  They are coming down off a Christmas frenzy.  Crazy hours, crazy people (no, not really), and crazy amounts of sugar baby.  Sugar cookies with frosting, chocolate silk pie, peanut butter balls, I could go on and on.  So I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight, because the last few nights haven't been so great.  Don't you hate it when your kids are out of their normal routine.  But despite tired kids, we've had a wonderful Christmas with family.  My Mom, Step-dad, and Grandma all came to our house this year instead of us traveling to their house.  It made for fewer nights away from home; which is always nice when you have small ones.  Then today we came up to Sioux Falls to visit Mark's side.  There's a story worth sharing...maybe.....I guess it might fall under the category of TMI.  But I'll share anyway.  So we got on the road late this morning because E slept in....LATE.  I finally went in and woke her up at 10:30.  She hadn't slept good last night.  Probably from all the junk food.  So we finally get on the road and about 45 minutes into our journey, shortly after finishing her breakfast of milk, she threw up all over the van.  All over herself, her car seat, the van seat, the carpet, her toys in the toy bucket below her, all of our coats, and of course, my purse.  So we'll pulled over and started cleaning.  Thankfully it was warm today.  Temps in the 40s feels like a little heat wave when you've had wind chills of -45, you know what I'm sayin'.  The smell was just too much for me so Hubby took the lead in clean-up.  Usually I'm okay with poop and throw-up but this was bad friends.  So I put clean clothes on E and Hubby did the best he could with everything else.  Two packages of wipes and one package of anti-bacterial wipes later we were back on the road.  We managed to only be a few minutes late to lunch, but when we got here we had a couple of loads of laundry to do :)  This evening Marlene cleaned the seat in our van, then her and G and I took it to the car wash to get the mats cleaned.  It needed a bath inside and out.  Besides the puke, Hubby had spilled coffee all over this morning too.  The funny thing is that a few minutes before the puke incident I was talking about how much we needed to hit up a car wash.  We figured the coffee and puke just confirmed it.  Tomorrow we are meeting my Aunt and Uncle, cousins and their significant others, Mom, Art and Grandma for lunch before we go home.  I'd like to hit a few stores too before leaving civilization...I have some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket!  Can you say "new purse?"  

No comments: