Sunday, December 7, 2008

"Wal-Mart, shop Wal-Mart!"

A few days ago I bought G a pair Christmas socks with a little stuffed reindeer sown on the back. I knew when I paid for them that the little reindeer would fall off, but I bought them anyway. The next day I found out I was right. So this morning before church we stopped at Wal-Mart to return them for a new pair (this time I made G pick a pair that had nothing sown onto them), and when we get up to the counter at customer service G starts singing "Wal-Mart, shop Wal-Mart!" to the tune of the Hy-Vee commercial. I'm like, "wrong store honey." She's a hoot, my little rock star. Today I worked in the nursery at church for the first time. It was pretty uneventful. Just a lot of wiping of things...butts, noses, hands, toys, etc. I didn't lose any kids, no one peed, pooped or threw up on me. All in all it was successful. I think E was confused as to why I was there...I'm supposed to leave right? After church was the usual grocery run at Hy-Vee. We filled up our van after shopping and our total (including the chapstick I bought) was under $25!!! Can you even believe that?!? I don't remember the last time that happened. I thought those days were long gone and never to be seen again. I can afford to drive. I love my Hy-Vee gas discount...now it's time to sing the song G!

No comments: