Friday, January 16, 2009

Stinky Happenings at Subway

Today it was "warm" enough to venture outside for a little while.  We went to the Post Office and got our mail and then we picked up Hubby at work and had lunch at Subway.  

The Subway workers and I had a small "difference of opinion" about the pizza I ordered for G.  It came out of the oven black and crispy on top, but they proceeded to box it up for me.  I said to the first worker that my daughter wouldn't eat it that way, and could she please make me another one that wasn't so "dark?"  She make a few faces and headed to the back to whisper about it with another employee.  After a short time, they both came back to the counter and the second employee explained to me that next time, if I don't want my pizza "all the way done," I need to tell them in advance to take it out early.  I explained to her that I've never had to ask for my pizza to be removed from the oven early, and I've never had a burnt pizza.  She explained that the oven only has one setting...in other words, I must be wrong.  By this time I was not too happy and the line was getting longer.  I told her that if it was a problem just give me back my burnt pizza, but she ended up making me a new one.  Of course they didn't look me in the eye during the rest of my order, and spit only necessary words at me.  I was shocked.  Our family eats at this particular Subway A LOT and never have we been treated this way.  What upset me wasn't that they asked me to order differently in the future, it was being ignored and treated so rudely.  

After the pizza incident, we sat down and started eating our lunch.  Both G and E were packing it away, when all of the sudden we hear E gagging on a jalapeno chip.  Yes, she eats jalapeno flavored chips.  What happens when E gags on her food?  Yep, she throws it up.  All of it.  

Well, here's the thing.  E wasn't sitting on a chair, she was sitting on her daddy's lap.  That's right folks.  E threw up all over her daddy and his PHS uniform, and his socks and his shoes and his hands, you get the idea.  She'd eaten a lot, what can I say.  

Of course, today was the first time I have ever left my house without my fully stocked diaper bag.  I just grabbed my purse, a diaper and some wipes.  This would have never happened had I had my diaper bag with me :)  So we stripped E out of her very stinky clothes, down to her long sleeved onesie, socks and shoes.  We wiped Hubby down the best we could, at least I had the wipes right, and said a quick thank you to God that he happens to have a change of clothes in his office that he planning on working out in later in the day.  So at least he won't smell like puke all day!  

Our next issue was our almost-naked E.  I said it was warmer today, not warm today.  Hubby had a fleece under his PHS jacket, so we wrapped E's legs in it and carried her out to the van.  But that wasn't the end of it...

We pulled up outside Hubby's office to drop him off, and he spilled his iced tea all over.  Oh well, he's already been puked on right, so what's a little tea?  Hubby got out of the van and said to me, "Well, that was a really nice lunch without the puke and the tea!"  Better luck next lunch date!

When we got home I hung up coats and put things away while E had a FIT.  I could NOT figure out why, all I could hear her saying was daddy.  Then it hit me.  Hubby's fleece.  She wanted Hubby's fleece out of the close.  She missed her daddy and wanted to hold on to his fleece.  I couldn't get it away from her for the rest of the day.  She napped with it and walked around wrapped up in it.  Pretty cute.  Here are some pics of E with her daddy's fleece.  You'll have to excuse her hair.  Her nap was not kind to her hair today.



The girls yesterday afternoon.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I had to laugh really hard at this post because Belle has been throwing up all week. And every time she does she's sitting on Hubby's lap! Poor hubby. I thought it was the stomach flu that's been going around the family but now I'm starting to wonder. Anyway, thanks for making me smile - I needed it today! :-)