Thursday, January 15, 2009

LMP Scripture Memorization #2

It's the middle of the month so it's time for scripture memory verse number two.  For those of you who want to do this, check out Beth Moore's LMP blog at www.livingproofministries.blogspot.com.  You can find instructions there.  Blogging my scripture is another way for me to learn it, so here it goes:

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8 ESV

I didn't post the first one at the beginning of January, so here it is now:

"And he will be the stability of your times, abundance of salvation, wisdom and knowledge.  The fear of the Lord is Zion's treasure."  Isaiah 33:6

Beth talks a lot about wielding the sword of scripture against Satan in your daily walk.  The power of the Word of God is unmatched.  

So far so good with the memorization.  But I mean really, we're only on number two.  It's number 12 that has me concerned!  What's that the Word of God says about worry, oh yeah, it's useless.  

More cold temperatures outside today.  We are supposed to have a -20 degree high today not including the wind chill.  What in the world?!?  Last night Mark and I talked about the temp. and decided that the girls and I would NOT leave the house today.  Not even for pre-school this morning.  I knew from Keloland's Closeline that we had a one hour late start this morning, meaning pre-school would only be from 9-11am.  But I didn't think it was worth braving the freezing cold.  Plus, I'm POSITIVE G's coat is NOT meant for those kinds of temperatures.  And to be honest, I just flat out didn't want to go outside myself.  Then there was a message on the answering machine this morning that pre-school was cancelled because G's teacher is sick.  Please Lord may our house be immune!  If I get the stomach flu for a third time already this winter I don't know what I'll do with myself.  

I thought this would be a good morning to make a nice hot breakfast instead of our usual grab something and go, you know, since we had some time on our hands.  So scrambled eggs and cheese and waffles with honey hit the table, and to my surprise they both cleaned their plates.  Well, as clean as they get anyway.  

I need an extra dose of patience today because the girls are already nuts.  So I think today's scripture fits with my goal for today nicely!

For those of you in this area, stay warm!

No comments: