Monday, February 9, 2009

Mother-Daughter Valentine's Day Tea Party 2009

Yesterday was the Mother-Daughter Valentine's Day Tea Party at church.  E stayed home with Hubby so that G and I could go to the party and have some time alone together, which doesn't happen very often.  

When we got there G signed up for a door prize, she wrote her name on the piece of paper all by herself, and she wrote her name on her name tag too!  Lately, she's really made leaps and bounds in writing her letters.  I keep meaning to have her write some stuff and then scan it so I can post it.  Pictures of paper don't turn out very well on my camera.  Anyway, back to the party.  

So we picked a table and seats and the party got started.  I dug into my purse to turn my phone to vibrate and I noticed my keys weren't there.  PANIC!  Where are my keys???  I told G to stay put and I would be right back.  I ran out to the van and it was locked, no keys in sight.  So at least I knew they had to be in the building.  I looked around some more, called Hubby and freaked out to him, then sat back down and waited.  Of course I had taken the van with the kids' seats in it, so if Hubby had to come get me, he wouldn't have a car seat for E.  I was just going to wait and hope they'd turn up.  A few minutes later they announced a missing set of keys that had been found laying at the front table.  Whew!  Close one.  Once I had my keys I could enjoy the party.

There was special music, a devotional, food, tea, of course (or if you're G you'd have hot chocolate and punch), and crafts.  G and I had lots of fun spending the day together.  Here are some pictures from the tea party...

Our table of friends.

You were supposed to bring your favorite doll to the tea party.  Here is G with Sally.  Her best friends since birth.

Mom with her tea party date.

One of my Valentines.

One of the craft stations was decorating heart cut-out sugar cookies.

Here is G carefully spreading on her PINK frosting! :)

Next come the sprinkles and other candies in shades of pink and red...

The finished product.

A calorie and sugar loaded masterpiece!

Another craft.  G gave this one to her daddy.


1 comment:

{darlene} said...

I found your blog over at LPM. Cute Valentine pics. Your girls are precious! and adorable blog!

Darlene