Friday, February 27, 2009

...And Not Today Either!




Snow on top of ice.  Ick.  I'm disappointed because tomorrow is is the Focus on Marriage simulcast at our church in Yankton.  My mom was supposed to come down today to watch the kids, and the dog, tomorrow while we were gone.  After watching the snow fall all morning, Hubby and I decided to tell her not to come.  It isn't worth risking an accident on the road.  Plus, it would probably take her a good five hours to get here.  It probably isn't a good idea for us to be on the road either.  G's teacher has plans for tomorrow, but if they get cancelled she said she'd watch the girls for us.  We'll have to wait and see... 

I also have a prayer request/praise for you.  A lady in town is starting a Good News Club, and I was asked to be a part of it.  It will be Tuesdays after school until 5 pm.  There will be a snack, Bible lesson, memory verse, music, missionary story, and incentives.  This club is geared for kids k-5th or 6th grade.  We are really excited to share Jesus with them.  Our first meeting is March 17th and we'll be having a St. Patrick's Day "party".  Please pray for a good turn out, for words to speak, that God will soften the hearts of the kids who come, and that God would be at the center of all we do.  May this club glorify His name!  Thanks for your prayers. 

1 comment:

Miss Chaplin said...

Very cool! I'm so excited that you guys are starting a Good News Club!!!!! I will be praying for you as you reach out to the kids in your community. God is going to do amazing things through you. I'm also very jealous of the snow! (Not the ice so much, but I'm missing the cold weather.)