Thursday, September 3, 2009

Giving and Taking Away

16 years ago today, God gave me my brother. Happy Birthday, Daniel!

Yesterday was a day filled with joy and sorrow.

I had an ultrasound and got to see our third baby for the first time. It's amazing every single time. To see little arms moving, little legs kicking and a strong little heart beat. The baby looks great and is measuring at 10 weeks and 5 days, putting our due date at March 26th or 27th instead of March 31st. What an awesome 30th birthday present I'll be getting.

On my way to Sioux Falls I got a phone call from my step-mom, she had heard that my uncle (my dad's oldest brother) had passed away. Childhood memories came flooding back.

We are quickly approaching the two year anniversary of my dad's death. It was a hard day and I felt that old sting again. The wound felt fresh again, and honestly, I just didn't want to go to bed last night. Because that's when the distractions of the day are gone and the tears come.

So today I will cling to the Truth, and praise God for the gift of life, the beginning and the end.

No comments: