Thursday, June 4, 2009

Trouble in Ella's Paradise

You see, I knew it was time for Ella to get off the bottle and nukies, but she doesn't agree with me. She's in paradise with her bottles and her nukies. They are an extension of her. You know, like an arm or a leg.

The bad news for Ella is that the dentist agrees with me. Yeah, I know, not good.

He told me today that the bottles and nukies are wreaking havoc on her bite. He said no more, cut her off.

So this is the beginning of the end. I just put her down for her first nap without a nukie. It actually went very well. It was three o'clock, and she was exhausted from her first trip to the dentist and a fun-filled play date with friends at the playground/lake. I mean really, she didn't have much fight in her. I'm wondering how evening and bedtime will go?

Let's all just pray shall we?!

Also, that cute little gap between her two front teeth...it's not from the bottles and nukies. The muscle that attaches her upper lip to her gum in that spot is grown down causing her teeth to separate there. Hmmm. Who knew. The dentist said we could leave it alone and leave the gap, or when she gets older we could take her to the doctor and have it clipped. Uh, ouch. I guess I'm gonna have to sleep on that one. And discuss it with Hubby of course.

On a happier note, we did have a lot of fun with friends Rachel and Emma today.

It's so much fun to see Gracie and Emma together. They've been pink-loving friends since Gracie was born. Now they're 5 and 4 and we can hardly believe it. How time flies when girls are growing.

We had lunch, walked around the lake, played at the playground and just hung out. I forgot my camera, but Rachel had hers. So as soon as Rachel reads this and emails me all the cute pictures she got of the girls, I'll post them for you!

And seriously, I would really appreciate your prayers for Ella as she adjusts to her new bottle/nukie-free life. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you're two, it really is! Thanks friends!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

No it isn't a big deal it is a HUGE deal! Losing your binky and bottle is the most tramutic experience in the life of a 2 year old...it is a little hard for the parent's too...they are losing their baby!

Blessed Mama said...

I know. I'm listening to her little screams and I'm about in tears. It's so SAD! I just want to run in there and put her nukie in her little mouth and rock her to sleep!