1.The girls and I are on our own for the next two days. Hubby is at a workshop in Sioux Falls. I know what you're thinking, "Why didn't she convince him to get a nice, comfy hotel room somewhere with a pool and hot tub and go along to SF where she could get her shopping groove on?" Because Gracie has dance recital pictures in Yankton on Saturday morning that's why. Sad but true. Pray for me. Pray that God will give me huge doses of patience, because I need huge doses of patience. Pray that, since dance recital pictures cost a small fortune, Gracie will be in a very good, very photogenic kind of mood. Maybe I can bribe her with a trip the the McDonald's playland if she cooperates. I know, I know. Bribery isn't a good idea. But remember, I'm on my own here. And while you're busy praying that God would bestow upon me extra helpings of patience, and that Gracie will behave at pictures, would you also pray that my little Ella will be pleasant as well? Once we make it through pictures it should be smooth sailing!
2. One of my forever friends turned 29 on the 15th of this month. We're back to being the same age. I turned 29 in March, not too long before her. Happy Birthday, Rochelle! Can you believe that Rochelle and I have been friends for over 20 years! Wow! She's the kind of friend that would leave her kids with her parents, get in her car, and drive for hours and hours and hours to come and support you at your dad's funeral. I love her.
Chelle, here's a trip back in time to 1990...
"Sittin' in the rain
Water on your brain
Got a hole in your boat
Trying to stay afloat
Has got you down
I've got a wind in my sail
Rubber boots and a pail
I'll throw you a line
Rest assured that I
Won't ever let you drown
'Cause when you're up against the wall
You know I'll be here for you, for you
When you rise and when you fall
I'll always be here for you, for you..."
For You by Michael W. Smith. Can you see just see the CD cover!? Tell the truth, I know you can.
3. I don't think I can do 7 Quick Takes Friday, even though I think it's a very fun post, because I'm sure I can't come up with seven takes every week. We'll see. And, knowing me, I'll forget it's Friday and that I need to do a 7 Quick Takes Friday post. Remember, sometimes I forget to take my child to school :)
4. We've had great weather this week, minus the wind, and the girls have LOVED playing outside. In fact, there outside right now, getting an early start to the day. We hope it's here to stay this time!
5. We're still trying to housebreak Drake. I can't talk about it too much or steam will start coming out of my ears, and I'm sure that's not an attractive look on me. He gets snipped on May 4th and I don't feel sorry for him. That's what he gets for peeing on my couch. Doesn't he know that my Hubby won't buy me a new couch for a long, long, long time.
6. I've already been subjected to watching the Hannah Montana DVD this morning. How many more rounds of it will I have to suffer through before Hubby comes to my rescue???
7. Gracie asked Jesus to come and live in her heart and be her Savior! I think this should have been number one of my quick takes Friday list! She's has been talking for a long time about believing in Jesus and going to Heaven when she dies, so the other night Mark prayed with her and now she has a born-again birthday, April 15, 2009. Not surprisingly, I cried. It's what I wanted most for her, and what I want most for Ella. To know Jesus and accept Him as their Savior. Now to train her up to be a godly woman. Talk about a huge responsibility, an impossible one without God!
There, I made it! Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
I'm crying too, knowing about Gracie. I love her so much and Jesus loves her more. I saw Mark for about 5 minutes last night as we didn't get home until about 11:05.
We will feed him supper and send him home to you all. Grilling out brats.
Love you, Mars
Post a Comment