Okay, seriously, they told me that since I really couldn't say FOR SURE that she hadn't eaten less than four pills, I would have to take her for a Tylenol level blood draw. You won't be surprised that the nearest hospital that does that test is 45 minutes from here. So, I will be heading there shortly. Remember those pictures I said I'd post later....
Thursday, April 9, 2009
This Day Was Going So Well....Until
Ella found a child-proof, ha!, bottle of Tylenol in my purse, which was sitting on a chair by our front door. Gracie called to me, "Mom, Ella is eating something she's not supposed to be!" When I got to her she had one in her mouth. I pried it out of her little mouth and she wasn't too happy about it. Darn thing did look a bit like a skittle. The coating wasn't worn off of it yet, but I don't know if she ate any others, and, of course, I don't have any idea how many were in the bottle. First, I called Hubby. Hubby said call Ask-A-Nurse. I called Ask-A-Nurse. Ask-A-Nurse asked me a series of ridiculous, but necessary questions like is she breathing, is she limp, is she blue. Uh, no or I would be waiting for the ambulance I'd have already called. Ask-A-Nurse told me to call Poison Control. Poison Control told me since I'm a terrible mother who left a "child-proof" bottle of Tylenol in my purse, by my front door, where my almost two-year old could reach it they were going to call CPS...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! Hope she's okay. Don't beat yourself up about it. Kids are sneaky.
LOL about "childproof" Andrew can break into just about anything childproof.
Post a Comment