Saturday, April 4, 2009

Painting, Swivel Sweepin', and Another Blizzard?

I'm sitting here wondering if we're going to get hit by another blizzard, and how we'll entertain our kids inside this weekend? Marley & Me? The forecast is that it's supposed to start snowing this afternoon and may get pretty bad tonight.

So far all we've seen are a few rain showers, but the big talk down at A-1(our gas station, cafe, movie rental place...I told you I live in a small town) is that the storm is on it's way. I'm kind of sentimental about A-1 because it reminds me of my dad. Although he was only there a few times, it's the kind of place he'd hang out. You know, burgers, coffee, and all the locals shootin' the breeze. Every time I go in there, my heart aches a little.

Yesterday I painted my kitchen. I've been wanting to do it ever since we moved in, but you know, priorities. I finally decided when I got up yesterday that there's no time like the present. I dropped the kids off at daycare, ran down to the hardware store, picked my paint and headed home to get started. LOVE. IT. Well worth the eight hours of none-stop cutting in around cabinets, windows, doors and ceiling. I'll post you a few pics, but I'm not sure how well you'll be able to see the color. It's called bonkers (why on earth you'd name a paint color bonkers I'll never know), but let's call it Dried Thyme instead. There's also a pic of the living room which I painted last January. It's called Golden Spike. My kitchen and living room are open to each other, so I hope the colors don't clash. What do you think?


Also, there is a new love in my life. I know you won't be surprised. It's called the Swivel Sweeper...



Isn't it fabulous. My hubby got it for me for my birthday. No, it wasn't the only thing he got me for my birthday. Not that I would have minded if it was though, this thing rocks.

As you can see, this is my first time shooting video with my camera. Now I know you can't turn the camera sideways while shooting. I promise to do a better job next time!

This morning I made our reservation for our family vacation to the Black Hills. We are so excited to go back this summer because we had so much fun last year. Gracie has been talking about it all year. This summer we're staying at the Palmer Gulch Lodge in Hill City. It seems very much geared for families and kids and it's very centrally located to all the Black Hills attractions. Last summer we stayed in a cabin so we had a shower, but no bathtub for the kids, beds, but we had to bring our own towels and sheets, and a kitchenette, but we had to bring out own utensils, etc. I'm looking forward to the lodge which is more like a hotel room. It will cut down on all the packing I have to do, and it means less cooking for me. Always a good thing on vacation. The lodge has a free continental breakfast too, which will be so convenient in the morning before we head out for a full day. The resort the lodge is located on has lots of on-site stuff to do too. A water slide and water park, pool, hot tub, game room, trail rides, a chuck wagon dinner, and a kid's bouncing pillow. Sounds like a good time to me. I'm glad I now how to shoot video on my camera now!

Okay, I'm off to get milk and a movie before the snow starts falling and the wind starts blowing!

No comments: