Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's Been Going On Around Here?

A few days ago, I walked into the bathroom and found Gracie spraying air freshener on her hands and rubbing it in like lotion.

We dropped of some clothes to be sewn at a lady's house here in town. She lives on a corner and has a driveway that you enter from one street and then can drive right out of onto the other street. As I'm reading that, it makes no sense, but I can't think of any other way describe it. It curves around her house so you can get in and out without having to back up. Gracie said to me, "Mom, Myra's house is cool." I told her I agreed, and that I liked her driveway. She said to me, "Yeah, you get to drive right by the bird feeder, awesome!"

Potty training is going VERY slowly with Ella. I mean, VERY slowly. I'm trying not to get frustrated. I was hoping she's be potty trained by March, but doesn't look like that will happen.

It's been snowing. Lots and lots of snow. We're at the point where it feels like Winter will never end, the snow will never melt, the kids will never be able to leave the house without hats, gloves, and coats, it will never be warm enough for me to hose off the mats in my van and vacuum up the layers of crumbs covering the carpet, I could go on and on...

With 8 weeks left to go in this pregnancy, I'm uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable. I can't carry Ella around like I used to, and it's getting increasingly difficult to lift her up into her car seat. Sleep is hit or miss, and the body pillow can only do so much. I've taken to bathing the girls in the shower more often than giving them a bath because it's easier than leaning over the edge of the tub with my belly.

We are making trips to Sioux Falls to visit the ob/gyn every two weeks.

My kids' fighting is driving me nuts. Oh, the love/hate relationship between sisters.

I'm getting increasingly nervous about adding a third girl to this house, and having another person to take care of. Really, how does one go to the bathroom in a public place with only two hands and three small children?

Ella cracks me up on a daily basis. Seriously, the things that come out of that kid's mouth. She is hilarious. I always mean to write them down and blog about them later, but I forget...or I don't feel like going and finding a pencil and a piece of paper that hasn't been scribbled on.

We are wishing we could go to the park in flip-flops, but in the mean time, we are snuggling on the couch at night and watching American Idol before bed.

The girls painted jewelry boxes yesterday.

Did I hear correctly on the radio today? The groundhog says there's 6 more weeks of Winter?

The fudge is finally gone.

No comments: