Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kirby Science Discovery Center and 6 Weeks To Go

I'm so sad!

So sad because yesterday we had a blast at the Washington Pavilion's Kirby Science Discovery Center and I forgot to bring my camera. Such great blog material I missed out on. We spent the whole afternoon there, and even got to see a movie in the cinedome. The movie was Animalopolis, Gracie liked it, Ella kept asking when it would be over. They had fun playing at the water table, playing on the tubes and slides, making a hot air balloon take off, experiencing a tornado in a 78 mph wind tube, building a damn and washing it away at a sand table, checking out dinosaur bones, holding a snake unassisted (well, Gracie did that one, not Ella), using a lever to lift a car, and lots, lots more!

If I had remembered my camera, this would be the part where I would post a bunch of pictures of the kids doing fun stuff- sad, sad, sad...

Yesterday I also had a prenatal. We're at 34 weeks. Everything looked good. Not dilated at all, although I was hoping for maybe half to one centimeter. On the bright side, we have reached a milestone. If I go into labor spontaneously now, they will do nothing to stop it. Definitely a sign that we are getting close to the end.

The girls were both wiped out by the time we got in the car to head home last night. Ella started crying for her pink nukie, of course. We hadn't heard anything about pink nukie for a couple of days. But when exhaustion sets in, so does the need for pink nukie. I reminded her that it was broken, but the screaming continued. I decided to try giving her the scarf I'd been wearing all day, and that did the trick. She calmed right down and fell asleep. Her transition into life without the nukie continues to go fairly smoothly. The most difficult part has been not being able to get her to take a nap on days like today when she really needs one.

Tonight we are planning on going to a Valentine dinner and show at church, if the weather is decent.

1 comment:

Flip-flop Mama said...

FUN! I have debated getting a pass to the Pavilion. . .