Seriously, I kid you not, the dog was out for all of five minutes this morning before he found something (a small toy perhaps?), ate/choked on it, and then puked all over the floor.
I knew it was coming when he started gagging and heaving. So I chased after him. Around and around the dining room table. Can you picture it? I did finally catch him and get him over the linoleum floor instead of the carpet.
I just cleaned the carpet on Tuesday, of course.
Then I called Mark because I needed to vent my anger at someone. I vented and then he did the unthinkable. He used the Marley card on me. "Well, if someone could love a dog like Marley..."
Actually, if I had owned Marley, Marley would have had to find a new home.
"He pukes all the time, I'm sick of it. How do you live in a house with small children and expect them not to leave toys and food on the floor? Not to mention all the other annoying things about him."
Of course, we could train the dog, but I don't feel like training the dog.
"He doesn't puke all the time. When was the last time he puked?"
"A few weeks ago."
"Well, that's not all the time."
"Well, maybe it feels like all the time to the person (pregnant person) who has to clean it up."
I can't remember what hubby said next, but it was very understanding and sensitive.
I wish I could go back in time, look my daughter in her big, blue eyes, and tell her, "No, you absolutely can NOT have a dog."
But I can't.
This morning while I was in the shower, for all of about five minutes, Ella decided to get out the scissors and cut the paper she was coloring.
Are you thinking what I was thinking? At least it wasn't her hair.
"Ella, don't put the scissors in your mouth, please."
"Why?"
"Because they are sharp and they cut things."
"Oh......me have treat?"
"No, after lunch."
"Can mommy have a kiss?"
"No. After lunch."
Now I am searching online for dinner inspiration. I usually don't mind cooking. I used to hate cooking, but have come to accept it as part of my role as a wife and mother. You know, you have to feed your people. It has grown on me, kinda. Food Network has taught me a lot. Thank you Food Network.
But lately, I have had no desire to cook. None. I'm hoping this feeling fades quickly. Kinda like the warm, fuzzy feelings I had about a certain cute puppy when he first came home.
This is where I need a lecture about how love is a choice, not a feeling...
1 comment:
Oh, my! I hope your day goes better!
Post a Comment