Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When Will It End...

The sickness and the bitter cold weather???

Last night was exhausting. Ugh. The worst part of having sick kids is the absolute lack of sleep. And then, when one gets better, and starts sleeping again, the next one gets sick. Last night it was Gracie's turn to wake me up every couple of hours. All was wrong with the world because she was just SO tired, and of course sick. She always sleeps with her space heater on, last night she wanted it off. She always sleeps with her door shut, last night she wanted it open.... You get the idea. Her fever seems to be almost completely gone now, but she didn't make it to school today because she overslept. I let her oversleep because she needed SLEEP. When we finally got up and around we headed over to the church for Bible study. We got there V.E.R.Y. late, but they hadn't started the video yet, so I did get to see most of that, most because of course I had my children in tow. I missed the review, but I didn't have any homework done anyway. Afterwards I had copies to make for Good News Club and I did get that all done. Mucho thanks to Hubby for helping me with Publisher. Not my area of expertise. We got home, had lunch and the girls were down for naps by 1:30 and 1:40pm. I haven't seen or heard from Gracie since then, so I think she actually fell asleep. Yay, more sleep! Instead of napping, which would have been a good choice, I sat in front of the TV mindlessly. Have I ever told you before how much I like quiet? Now I hear Ella chattering in her bed. At least she's in a good mood! Hope I can say the same for Gracie when she wakes up!

I have to complain for a minute about the weather today. Yuck. It is freezing again. You know, the kind of cold where your fingers go numb as soon as you step foot out the front door. Amanda, I'm joining your whine fest! My space heater can't keep the house warm today, and we had another humidifier bite the dust. Spring already!

No comments: