Saturday, March 6, 2010

My house is so quiet. Strange, so very strange. The girls have been with my mom since yesterday afternoon, and won't be home until tomorrow at lunch time. They ran around Chuck E. Cheese and are going to some basketball games with grandma and grandpa.

We had our 37 week prenatal yesterday. Everything is looking good. The big question is whether we will plan an induction (being almost 2 hours from the hospital with 2 other kids and a dog) or let this little girl arrive when she decides to. It's a decision we need to finalize by our next appointment on Friday.

We also got to have lunch with a good friend that we don't see often enough, and have dinner with Mark's sister and brother-in-law.

This morning, in the midst of all the quiet, I got a few things done that I hadn't gotten around to lately. Painting my toe nails (cause you have to have your toe nails painted when you go into labor, right?), balancing the check book, and writing a letter to our Compassion child.

And speaking of Compassion, have you been following Mckmama's while she's in Kenya? Wow. Compassion is doing amazing things to serve poverty-stricken children in the name of Jesus. Our last letter from our Compassion child, Emmanuel who lives in Rwanda, told us that a gift of $15 we'd sent him had allowed him to buy a goat. How cool is that! I think I laughed and cried at the same time. I had to re-read it several times to make sure it didn't say coat.

This afternoon Mark and I are going to see To Save A Life at the theatre.

I'm off to take a shower and do one other thing I've been putting off lately, and must have done before I head to the hospital to have this baby, shave my legs.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I can TOTALLY understand the thing with painted toenails and shaved legs. THANKFULLY, I had just shaved my legs that afternoon when I found out I'd be going in for an induction that evening. My postpartum nurse commented to me, "How did you reach to paint your toenails so well?!" Anything we can do to make ourselves feel more comfortable, knowing we will be in some VERY unglamorous situations, is worth the struggle! ;)

Anonymous said...

Will be praying for you and your decision about inducing. How was the movie? I've heard its really good, we need to get out to see it!