Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Blizzard 2009

We're still in the midst of a blizzard. The power was out from about 9:30 or 10 am until about 1:30 or 2 pm. Really, I don't have the skills required to survive without electricity. I would like to openly admit that I am not a pioneer woman. Thankfully, the power came back on before we had to try to cook on top of the kerosene heater.

It took a little bit of time to explain to the girls why the lights wouldn't come on when they flipped the switch, and why they couldn't watch their new DVDs, and why they couldn't play with the new Wii.

They had gotten some new games, puzzles, and crafts, and those came in handy.

The power came back on (thanks in part to our friend, Dan, who is a lineman, thank you, Dan!) and we could finish cooking the roast that was half-done in the crock pot, warm the house back up, run the dishwasher, and do a load of laundry.

We spent most of tonight on the Wii. I have NEVER been a fan of video games, but I have to say that this thing is pretty cool. Gracie and Ella played Dora and Barbie, and the adults are currently having a bowling tournament. Really quite a sight. We even had to move the coffee table they're so into it.

Mark is calling himself a semi-pro now...get your boots on.

Definitely a Christmas to remember.


Pajamas and messy hair...

Grandpa Art, Gracie, Ella, Grandma Sandy, and Great-grandma Arlotte...

Little Ella showing off her Mickey Mouse wrapping paper...

Gracie's happy face thanks to her new doll clothes...

Gracie posing in her "rock star boots" from Grandma Genie and Uncle Daniel...

Ella lovin' on the doll she got from Grandma Genie and Uncle Daniel...

According to Gracie, the flash on the camera was bothering her eyes, thus her face in this picture...


No comments: