The girls had a good time trick or treating this year. We had a rough start when a neighbor's dog wouldn't stop following us from house to house. Ella was freaked out by him, I guess because he was bigger than her, and she refused to get down from her daddy's arms until we lost the dog. It took several blocks but we managed to do it. After that she got into her treat or treating groove. After every house she would say, "More 'ouse (house), more treat."
Here's a picture of them the first Sunday in November, just because they looked cute and I actually had time to do their hair...
I don't know what's going on around here, but I've been baking. I know. I think I've gotten rid of my unreasonable fear of yeast. Here's the evidence...
Homemade pizza crust...
and homemade bread, which I didn't have the chance to take a picture of before it was eaten up. Okay, so their is a quarter of a loaf left in the fridge, but it just doesn't look as pretty anymore.
It's the beginning of November but I'm elbow deep in wrapping paper. I've had to wrap every single Christmas present I've purchased because I no longer can hide things in my house. The kids can sniff out my hiding spots like hound dogs. So until we get a tree, this corner of my bedroom will have to do.
Mark finally snaked our toilet this morning. For the last three weeks I've been having to plunge it every two or three flushes. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how unpleasant that was. I'm praying that this solves the problem and I don't have to plunge anymore. Mark is hoping this solves the problem so he doesn't have to pay for a plumber.
Does anyone else have a corner somewhere that looks like this...
I wanted to drop my kids off on the side of the road today. Just kidding...kind of. They fought and screamed and drove me nuts the whole way to and home from Yankton. They fought about what movie to watch, a plastic horse, whether or not to hold hands, crayons, and just about anything else you can imagine. Seriously. The side of the road. Instead, I just sat there and transported myself to a happier, quieter place.
On Monday Drake turned 1 year old. Happy Birthday, Drake! Thanks for being such a good friend to our girls. We wish you many more happy, crayon-eating, leaf-chasing years.
No comments:
Post a Comment