Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It has begun. You know, cold and flu season. We've been hit by it.

Gracie threw up in the van this morning. I wasn't surprised because if my kids are going to throw up, they usually throw up in our van. So we pulled over on the side of the rode in the freezing cold while the snow flurries fell and started cleaning up. This time I ran out of plastic bags instead of wipes. Not sure if that's better or worse? Thankfully, she had a change of clothes in her backpack from school and we had an extra winter coat in the van. Thank you Lord 'cause that girl would have been cold in her short-sleeved spare shirt. I managed to get her clothes changed, the seat belt wiped clean, and her booster seat cover off before my gag reflex started to kick in. The puddled throw up in the bottom of her marker case and all that was in there with it went into the trash bag. I will gladly buy a new one.

After she threw up she felt great and proceeded to eat the biggest lunch she's ever eaten. A whole sandwich minus half the bread, a bag of chips (a small bag of course), a whole bottle of milk and a chocolate chip cookie.

When we got home I check her temperature, which was normal, and made her take a nap, which she actually did with much of a fight. She woke up and is still claiming that she feels good.

What else has hit us at the beginning of this October? Snow and cold temps. Did we skip fall? It has snowed or flurried several times already. Hmmmm.

On a slightly more fun note, we hit the Autumn Festival in Sioux Falls on Friday. It was fun, and there were lots of vendors, but I'm not sure I must go again next year. I'm wondering why they charge $6 to get in? Another hmmmm. The live music maybe? It wasn't a total flop. I did buy a baby sling, the girls got baby slings, and I bought one Christmas present. I probably would have bought more if I weren't so cheap lately.

On Monday we took pictures of the girls for Christmas cards. I had to bribe them with candy.

Finally, I heard through the grape vine that there's a new Target in Sioux Falls. Could it be true that there is a Starbucks inside? Target and Starbucks in the same place? Sounds too good to be true. My nieces are in trouble for not telling me about this. Watch out girls.

No comments: